Baby survives as mother is electrocuted in Lagos


May 6, 2016, Yewande Busari, 24, was electrocuted by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole on the Oshodi highway in Lagos, while trying to cross the road with her one-year-old son, Pamilerin, strapped to her back. Sources said she had not used the pedestrian bridge.
Pamilerin, however, survived. The streetlight pole was said to have had the live wires sticking for a while but was left unattended to. Yewande’s elder brother, Tunde Busari, lamented the nonchalance of the government and the electrical company in charge of the streetlights.
His words: “We have not heard anything from the government or seen anybody from them since my sister died. It was a government property that killed my sister, but nobody has come to pay us a visit.” Until her death, Yewande lived with her fiance at number 32 Thomas Street, Ebute-Meta, Lagos.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s